Clients come in all shapes, sizes, and styles. One of the rarer styles is kinky or eccentric, but they are also some of the most interesting clients; two of my favorite clients are both eccentric and kinky, and yes, we are talking about massage.
One client asked me to get a log from the fireplace to put under his neck as I worked on him so that he could get the pressure from the wood as I worked on his arm. Another built a rope system on his ceiling so that I could walk on his back (the ropes were for me to hold on to for support). I have worked on people in their pool, jacuzzi, hospital bed, and on their balconies; it's all good for me as long as they are comfortable.
I bring a walker to some of my clients so I can walk on them while balancing my weight on the walker. I bring a shiatsu mat for clients who want a Thai style massage on the floor, and my table also lays flat for shiatsu.
Everyone wants someone to understand their needs and meet them (if at all possible), so what is normal to one person may be kinky to another, but in the end if you get what you need, you are happy. Whatever the client needs and or prefers is what I deliver (if it is within the realm of my skill set and comfort zone). To be truly successful as a massage therapist (and in life), you must offer flexibility; flexibility is not just something I give to my clients' bodies, it is also what I bring in my attitude to every client.
San Laurel
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment